Suresolv Reading Guide to Quantitative Aptitude Algebra Problem Solving for SSC CGL Tier II and other competitive exams
Reading sequence for best results:
- First step: read the Group I tutorials on quick algebra problem solving techniques with examples.
- Second step: read the Group II application of the algebra techniques for quick solution of problems that are specially selected for highlighting the techniques.
- Third step: practice question sets on SSC CGL preferably in timed mini mock test sessions and score your performance (1 mark for each correct answer, and negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer or whatever applicable).
- Fourth step: clearly understand how to solve the questions in the question set from its corresponding solution set. If needed repeat the same question test. Do the same on the next question and solution set pair. This step is necessary as SSC CGL Tier II math needs 100 questions to be answered in 2 hours—not an easy task. Unless you are comfortable in applying the base techniques, you won't get the desired result from the next and final step of mastering SSC CGL Tier II Algebra problem solving.
- Fifth step: Repeat the Third and Fourth step on question and solution sets for SSC CGL Tier II Algebra.
You should adapt the reading and practice sessions to what is comfortable to you.
- You must solve the question sets with timer on.
- Score when the time is over, but don't stop. Carry on solving as many problems as you can solve in a reasonable time.
- Analyze the problems that you couldn't solve and the problems that you took more time to solve.
- Clear up your weak points from corresponding solution set.
- Repeat the same test, scoring and analysis again.
This is a large and valuable resource. If you properly use it, you won't have any difficulty whatsoever in SSC CGL Tier II Algebra.
Art credit: Anindya Chaudhuri
First to read are the tutorials on basic to advanced quick algebra concepts and techniques.
Group I. First to read: Tutorials on Basic to Advanced Algebra concepts and techniques
Group II. Second to read: How to solve difficult algebra problems in a few quick steps
Specially selected problems are solved using powerful algebra techniques.
Only reading is not enough. You have go through the problem solving techniques and solve problems from selected question sets and learn from corresponding detailed conceptual solutions. Though SSC CGL exam is no more, unless SSC CGL level competence is achieved, one can't get total control on SSC CGL Tier II.
Group III. SSC CGL level Question and Solution Sets on Algebra
These sets build the foundation skills for solving Tier II 100 questions comfortably in 120 minutes time.
Group IV. SSC CGL Tier II level Questions and Solutions on Algebra
Tier II problems test your problem solving skill. With quick pattern identification and use of suitable techniques, most of the Tier II problems can be solved within the scheduled time.
Note: Reading the concept tutorials, quick solution articles and then practicing on the question and answer sets once is not enough. Either you repeatedly use these question and answer sets or preferably in addition, practice on similar problems from a large question bank.
Further reading resources on Algebra follows.